On Monday, I ran The Beauty of Boundaries workshop to thirty women and the boundaries created and acted on were as varied as the women attending.
There are many ways to describe what boundaries are and how they work; I prefer to explain them like this: Boundaries are intentionally crafted limits and guidelines that we put in place to respect ourselves and others.
I respect me as much as I respect you.
Boundaries created included:
• Setting boundaries with demanding clients
• Setting boundaries with children
• Setting boundaries around the transition between work and home when working at home
• Setting boundaries around communication in a long-distance relationship
• Setting boundaries around the job you are paid to do, versus the jobs you find easy to do
• Setting boundaries around lockdown alcohol consumption, and many more.
If you joined me on Monday, thank you for your generosity of sharing and your willingness to do the work, even when it is uncomfortable, because it is in that tension that we grow.
If you have not booked in for The Gift Of Asking Workshop on Monday, August 16 – 12pm or 7pm, you can do so here.
I look forward to seeing you in the zoom room!
A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I was crafting a gift for you called ‘Your Self-Coaching Check-In’. The resource is a compilation of some of the popular ‘3-Questions’ I have asked every month for the last four years, with some new questions added to reflect our times.
Please access the PDF here, and I hope you find it a valuable resource to compassionately explore who you are, what you want, and what is getting in the way.
Wishing you a weekend of respecting yourself as much as you respect others.