This week on Instagram I posted that lockdown is an endurance race because, as far as I am concerned, it is.
Lockdown 2.0 is a test of emotional, mental, physical and spiritual endurance.
The response to the post was very positive, so I wanted to make sure that I shared it here.
The eight points below allowed me to start and finish a 104km (7,448m elevation) endurance running event in April last year.
Below is what got me through.
1. I had a group of people whom I could ask for help, and I asked them for help. ⠀
2. I fuelled my body well. ⠀
3. I stayed away from people who drained my energy.
4. I was clear with my crew about what I needed.
5. I allowed others to guide me when I could not guide myself.
6. I listened to The Greatest Showman soundtrack – a lot.
7. I felt ALL the feelings I needed to feel. ⠀
8. I put one foot in front of the other, taking each moment as it came.
We all endure in different ways, but we can all endure more than we think we can.
Wishing you a weekend of putting one foot in front of the other.